Sunday, June 14, 2009

Arroz Con Costra (sort of)


This recipe traditionally calls for eggs and garbonzo beans but Femi and I are not such a fan of either. (I do like my poached eggs though) We also didn't have access to rabbit or blood sausage unfortunately. Not that I would have ever eaten rabbit. I do love blood sausage. We used pork instead of rabbit (I know not at all the same.)




Ingrediants:

2 cups of Rice
4 cups of chicken broth
2 garlic cloves
chorizo
pork
chicken breasts
white wine
thyme
paprika
can of diced tomatos
one red pepper

1) Cut the meat up and season with salt and pepper
2) Add olive oil to a large pan and heat
3) Add two garlic cloves and saute
4) Cut up red pepper
5) Add chicken and brown on both sides then set aside
6) Cook chorizo and set aside
7) Cook pork and set aside
8) Add tomatoes and pepper
9) Add rice and mix
10) Add meat back in
11) sprink some paprkia
12) add broth and white wine
13) add thyme
14) bring to boil and then simmer for 30 min covered.

Voila! Yummy meat and rice dish! Sorry for the lack of photos. I will take one soon and post it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment