Sunday, June 14, 2009

Breakfast

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  Lately, on the weekends, I have been eating a simple but delicious breakfast.  Baguette, cured meat, gourmet cheese, and a little guava paste.  I haven't been able to find the bread that Catalans use for their bocadillos but this is pretty damn close.

I am also of fan of eggs benedict especially at Brooklyn Label.  I used to be able to make my own eggs benedict.  I haven't done this in a while though.  The trick is to crack one egg into a cup and then drop that egg (carefully!) into boiling water and take the handle end of a wooden spoon and stir the water around the egg so it spins.  Then turn down the heat to simmer and let the egg simmer for a while.  I still have yet how to figure out to make hollandaise sauce.  I got a recipe from weight watchers which said to take egg subsititute like egg beaters and squeeze half a lemon into it and whisk.  There you go.  But I always but it in the microwave for 15 seconds so it doesn't cook but gets a little warm.  I know there is supposed to be some double boil action in there somewhere.

During the week, I am on a boring diet.  So I just eat lowfat vanilla yogurt (activia is my favorite) with raisins, sunflower seeds, and maybe fruit if I have it.  I always have a triple espresso with milk.  I have been drinking that flavored cream stuff but I think I am going to stop and instead use fat free half and half with splenda again.  I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment