Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Last Night's Dinner: Ensalata

Last night I made a salad like the one below. I didn't use shallots or carrots. I added some cured ham and cucumbers. Instead of walnuts, I used peanuts and sunflower seeds (because I am on a budget and I had those things already). The best part of the salad was the dressing though. I used gargonzola instead of roquefert. I mashed it into the olive oil (like demonstrated in the video) and added some pepper. Who knew? I am not usually a fan of such a pungent strong cheese but mixed with olive oil it was delicioso!

I also made the dessert. Bananas, yogurt, honey but I used a little peanut butter instead of walnuts and I added a lil whipped cream. I love the banana peanut butter combo and I can't resist me some whipped cream. I think it is best condiment on the planet.



Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment