Sunday, July 26, 2009

De Lorenzo's!

I have been going to De Lorenzo's Pizza in Trenton since I was a little girl.  My dad has been going there since he was in high school!  This is the best pizza I have ever had.






I remember, as a little girl, being asked if I had to use the
 bathroom before we left.  De Lorenzo's did not have a bathroom.  I would always say no and then as soon as we got to the restaurant, I would have to go.  My Dad would have to take me to a rough bar down the street to use the bathroom.

Now, De Lorenzo's has added a new location in Hamilton that has a bathroom and is very fancy.

           

Before, at the old location in Trenton, one would have to wait in line for an hour to get a table.  Now, I am sure there is still a long wait, but it is very spacious.

One of my favorite things about De Lorenzo's is the crushed ice and birch beer.  I remember that they didn't have free refills so we would all order our own sodas with ice and then my Dad would order a cup of soda without ice and pour it in all of our cups.  This way we all didn't have to get separate sodas. 

 

This time we just ordered a pitcher because I wanted a lot of birch beer.

We got two pies.  One with mushrooms and the other with sausage.  Nanny (my grandmother) 
even came with us!  I didn't know that she liked pizza but she said that really loved De Lorenzo's.

The best thing about the pizza is the sauce and the thin crust.  My dad said that the secret to the sauce is crushed tomatoes.  Shhh!



The new location is on Route 33 in Robbinsville, NJ.  You can get their easily from NY by taking the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor Line to Hamilton.  The restaurant is right by the train station.

It is well worth the journey because this is the best pizza you will ever have!

No comments:

Post a Comment