Saturday, July 11, 2009

Last Night's Dinner: Sakura 6


Last night, we went to Sakura 6 in Greenpoint.  They have free sake with dinner so why not!  Plus they have big windows that they open so it's airy and nice.

I haven't had sushi in a while and since it was Friday, I could go for some rice.  They have a special where you get three rolls and a salad for 14.95 so Femi and I split that and got two more rolls.
Photo courtesy of yu-misushi.com

We got spicy tuna, spicy salmon, and spicy crab.  Femi ate the salad.  He loves his ginger dressing.  We also got sweet potato roll (I really love sweet potatoes) and spider roll.  I am a new fan of spider roll.  I had never had it before.  It was the first time I had spider roll and the first time I have eaten soft shell crab.  Both are delicious.  I especially love the Japanese mayo and the fact that there was seaweed in the roll.  I freakin' love seaweed!

The sake was yummy but I must say I was really annoyed by the amount of fruit flies.  That just groses me out.  Guess it's because of the open windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment