Saturday, July 11, 2009

Peter's Since 1969


Wednesday night, my boyfriend Femi was working at K&M. I was really excited to visit him because I wanted to try Peter's Since 1969 for a while. The restaurant is right down the street and I know that they did take out.

I got there and had a hard time choosing what to get between the roasted chicken and the kielbasa and then all of the sides you can choose from like mac'n'cheese and sweet potatoes. I finally decided on Peter's Sausage with mashed sweet potatoes and sauteed spinach (oh yeah all of their entrees come with two sides and focaccia!) My boyfriend wanted a 1/4 rotisserie chicken with mac'n'cheese and mashed potatoes. Carb explosion!

The food was greeeat! The sausage was perfectly cooked...I mean it is really hard to screw up kielbasa. The sweet potatoes were creamy and sweet but not overpowering. The spinach is what really surprised me! I thought it was going to be just steamed spinach plain and boring. Boy was I wrong, it was perfectly seasoned with olive oil and garlic. It had a kick to it which I love and was delicious. I am always skeptical of greens but then they are always the thing that I finish first!

Femi's was good. The chicken was juice, the macs were alright, and the mashed potatoes were yum. I am very picky about mac'n'cheese and I must say theirs was a little on the bland and gummy side.

They also have vegetarian love. They have a veggie special (three sides). That's always nice.

The portions are huuuuge! You definitely get a bang for your buck! Service was mediocre. The girl that was working took her time and was slow. The guy was quick and was funny.

There is plenty of seating and I even noticed a backyard for those who dine in. I took mine to go and ate it at K&M because that's how I roll.

To see more restaurant reviews please visit The Gotham Palate. This article is also posted here but with more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment